A Bug Dream - A Poem

They were like bugs possessed
Coming after me
Five Creepy Crawlies
Crawling after me

My dog found the first one
In the corner of the room
He sniffed at it, and
As I bent down
It flew right at me
And stung my face.

I scooted round
"What on earth was that"
But it was no heavenly creature
that greeted my cry

Instead, sat there on the carpet
was a creepy crawly bug
small, and scorpion like
...but with wings.

It saw me and advanced
Like a single bug army

So I squished it
With a bit of card
I could feel the crunch
Only, when I raised my hand,
it was still alive
Still creepy crawling
And coming after me.

So I squished it again
Hearing the slick little crunch
As its stinging tail gave way
But it was still ALIVE
And it was still coming after me.

I jumped up and found a pin
and stabbed it in the head
stuck between pin and floor
I gazed at it in awe.
As it was wriggling some more.

And then I turned in amazement
paralysed with fear
as out of the corner of my eye
I'd seen another bug appear
It unfurled itself before me
Like some crawling pale anenome

And then!  Dear God!
It unfurled some more!
A siamese twin of iself
Creepy crawling across the
bedroom floor

It was coming straight towards me
Fronts, clamouring for blood
A central fanged protusion
a gaping mouth, desiring flesh
revenge
to bite
I looked at the scorpion bug
still crawling on its pin
then at the sickening
slithering
siamese twin
which was too big and scary
to die a death by twisted
curled up magazine

Then I gasped, as
another bug appeared, and another again, and one more!
Each one more grotesque
than the one before

I whimper and cry
succumbing to the thought
that I am to die by
the gnashing jaws and teeth
of a malicious bug army
tonight




May 2008

Comments

Popular Posts