A Day of Celebration in the life of a fledging self-published writer - on writing

A Day of Celebration in the Life of a Fledging Self-Published Writer


Today I have been paid for the first time by Amazon for my Createspace Self Published Print on Demand Paperback book.  Dancing in the Mists of Time  I received a grand total of £22.00. That's commission from me buying draft copies.  So technically, I just paid myself.

But still, its my first true pay-in from my writing.  Hurray!  I can write a blog about how I am a successful self-published author now!

I released the book in Kindle format on New Years Eve 2015, I have about £80.00 sitting in my Amazon Publishers account through Kindle sales, through publicising it on Facebook and Twitter, but Amazon won't pay me until it reaches over £100.00.  Or something.  Anyway payment for Kindle releases is still a while off (It's only £2.99 for the Kindle edition folks, total bargain for such a fantastic yarn).

I have attached a photo of me in a top that I found at a car boot sale for 50p two weeks ago.  I have owned the belt for at least ten years.  And I feel fantastic in the outfit.  It pulls in round my waist perfectly.  The bandanna is for my Alopecia which I will write about at some point but that's for another article.  Breaking the bank heck look at how much I'm earning in this self-publishing business!

I have a day job.  I work long hours and write and write and write in the precious spare time between the rest of my life.  It is not an overnight success story, I am fully aware that it wouldn't be.  I am glad to be on the path, its not about arriving its about the journey.  And when I get there I'll probably still be scouting round car boot sales as its awesome finding stuff for 50p.

Keep going guys, Fortune Cookie of the day says: 'its kind of fun to do the impossible'.




Comments

Popular Posts