Where can you get a takeaway coffee - a diary post

I says to my husband, "I need a place where Stef (one of the characters in my new book) can get a takeaway coffee in Hawick."

He suggests, "Well, what about the garage at Morrison's."

I said, "No as she has an electric car, they're all electric, and all the petrol garages are gone."

He suggests, "Well, what about Starbucks, on Commercial Road."

I said, "But there isn't a Starbucks on Commercial Road."

He says, exasperated, "There aren't any electric cars either!  You're writing the thing, put a Starbucks there!"

My husband breathed a sigh of relief when I finished my first book.  He knew the characters and their stories inside out and upside down, he accidentally learned intricacies about grammar and spelling through osmosis, due to my need to talk out loud and ask the other person in the room if they know the answer before resorting to breaking out of the document and asking Google.

I think that was one of the main reasons he thought a Book Launch would be a good idea, to say Goodbye, Adieu and Good Luck to all the characters as they launched into the world.  He didn't have to live with them anymore.

There was respite of perhaps two months.  Now I'm writing book two, there are a whole ream of new characters and their story being told.  Including setting it slightly in the future, with cowboys on horseback.

Thankfully we are tremendously in love, fantastically happy together and this is one of the reasons he fell in love with me.  

Thank God for honest love.  

In the farthest corners of earth, hidden away from the trolls, the ogres, the witches, the naysayers and the vagabonds, once you have found your wandering way from the railway station at the end of the rainbow, you may well catch a glimpse of true love through the green wooded glen.  I think I can sometimes.







Comments

Popular Posts