My Top Ten Favourite Pirate Quotes

My Top Ten Favourite Pirate Quotes


My first book, Dancing in the Mists of Time, is available on Amazon click here A story about Alice, your two-degrees off average office girl, who meets the Worst Pirates in the World and embarks on a series of adventures on the Sea Rose, a time travelling pirate ship.


To honour pirates that have gone before Alice, Arthur and Milton, I have come up with a list of my top ten favourite pirate quotes.



1.  "It would be obscene in me as a gentlemen to set my men upon you without warning. A gentleman always tells his enemies he is going to attack them before he does it. It gives them time enough to write to their mothers.” 
― Michelle Franklin


2.  "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
 – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi



3.  "Westley: To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose. 
Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don’t mean to duplicate tonight. 
Westley: I wasn’t finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right. 
Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let’s get on with it. 
Westley: Wrong! Your ears you keep and I’ll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, “Dear God! What is that thing,” will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."

– William Goldman, The Princess Bride




4.  “One could mention many lovable traits in Smee. For instance, after killing, it was his spectacles he wiped instead of his weapon.” 
― J.M. BarriePeter Pan



5.  "The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?"  
Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean



6.  "Stand And Deliver!"
Adam and the Ants

7.  "Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket."
― Mikey, The Goonies

8.  “Sir, with no intention to take offence, I deny your right to put words into my mouth.” 
― Robert Louis StevensonTreasure Island


9.  “I am not what you call a civilised man! I have done with society entirely, for reasons which I alone have the right of appreciating. I do not, therefore, obey its laws, and I desire you never to allude to them before me again!” 
― Jules VerneTwenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea



10. "Arthur stepped forward and swept her into his arms, he embraced her, breathing her in. His Alice had come back to him, she was real, she was there. Though she was not the same anymore, for she was tainted with a thousand sorrows, and an eternal flame burned in her heart next to a river of tears."
Gemma Lubbock, Dancing in the Mists of Time


Of course I'm going to put a quote from my book in my own top ten, I'm pretty puffed up proud of it.



Pirates have inspired us for generations through their tales of Revenge, Daring, Adventure, Bravery and plain crazy, I don't think the world will ever tire of Pirates and Fairy Tales. 

In case you missed it, here's the link to my book about the worst pirates in the world: click here argh, for tis a worthy addition to the pirate collection.  Who knows, one day someone might make it into a movie!

Onwards Ye Scabbardly Scumbags!








Comments

Popular Posts