Thankful for dinosaurs - diary post

This morning I have woken up (awoken?) feeling awesome. I can barely speak, my throat is so hoarse, but I woke up (awoke??) thinking of the dinosaurs. Those poor guys. May they rest in pieces. All over the world after being blasted apart by a comet, languishing as dusty museum artefacts or under sandy beaches. Awesome beasts filled with tragedy. Yes. We are alive. And we are not the dinosaurs. 


I went to the Isle of Arran recently and happened upon a beach where they were hosting a Geology event, and was personally shown a set of dinosaur footprints in the rocks.  That sort of thing just blows my mind.  I'm not heavy enough to put footprints in sand let alone solid rock (I jest).  This is a photo of my lovely happy-to-be-here labrador MarleyMarmaladeBoots, next to dinosaur footprints.


MarleyMarmaladeBoots next to dinosaur footprints



This morning for breakfast I have had orange juice, followed by green tea, followed by a sausage, egg and blueberry toastie with tomato sauce.  Getting the vitamins in while listening to some awesome tunes on youtube.  Apart from when Britney Spears invaded my playlist with 150 songs and I had to start all over again.  I really don't know why she did that.  My songlist featured tunes from Pitch Perfect and Grease 2, arguably the best movie in the world ever.



Today is being a bit of a Monday, I happen to have it off work.  Great, you may think that avoids the tumulous (Mr Tumnus??)  task of surviving a Monday at work.  Not so much.  Now, I have a Monday at home, and then Tuesday becomes my Monday at work, so I actually get two Mondays.  That's not thinking positive is it?  So, according to the power of positive thinking, I think of something to be thankful for and I have come up with Dinosaurs.  And if that's not enough, then also:  being thankful that the Earth has not decided to put herself into another Ice Age.  "Screw you guys, I've had enough of everything, I'm going into deep freeze mode for a few thousand years or so."  



Yes, thank you that we have not went into another ice age.  This life is awesome.  Its not a Monday its a Saturday Sort Of.



Begone Common Cold Virus! Haha!



This is a photo of a little horse.  Trying to bust into our house.  He was told he cannot be a house horse in a hoarse voice.

Teesh the miniature shetland
This is all part of my devious plan to one day make my husband actually sit down and watch Grease 2 with me.  He may not have to agree that it is on the list of top ten best movies in the world ever, but.  By subtly playing the songs and singing them round the house - he does not know they are from Grease 2, I am casually planting the idea that these songs are great, and therefore Grease 2 is great, and when he does watch it, he may be pleasantly surprised to find himself singing along.  Maybe not singing along. We've been together for over three years now and married for almost one year (hurray).  I hold out every hope that one day that movie will get played in our household again.  Its not like I'm asking him to sit through Ghost or Pretty Woman, this is Grease 2 people.  One of the ultimate greats.

One year anniversary = paper.  Perhaps my husband will finally read my book, hashtag, my greatest supporter. 


Last night, I was nearly in so much trouble while the Olympic Golf final thing was on.  I sneezed in the same room as the television just when Justin Rose was taking his final swing, almost completely distracting him. But thankfully he's a professional, he still "played a Gem at the last." ... Also kind of funny as this Gem can't even hit the ball with the club yet. Sniffle, surely the Cold Virus wouldn't be missed if God got rid of it?



Why MarleyMarmaladeBoots?  Well he was initally Christened as 'Sam' when I bought him second hand (As I do with lots of things), renamed to Marley and later on in life people have found it confusing to shout on my dog Marley and my pony Murphy, including the ones trying to respond to the call, so other people have decided to rename him Marmalade to help.  MarleyMarmaladeBoots is most responsive when you shout the word 'Biscuits' at him.



At least I'm not a dinosaur because if I was a dinosaur I'd be dead right now.









Comments

Popular Posts