Today with Gemma and George

Today George and I drove to Kelso, which is about forty minutes away from our wee house in the hills, to buy some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  If you haven't heard of it, or would like to look into buying it, check it out here:

Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish Furniture Paint - Antique White - 750ml
 
In this instance proud to be shopping local and supporting local businesses even if my journey was forty minutes long.  I got to have a wee browse in a couple of charity shops there too.  I love charity shops, a treasure trove of undisclosed objects, you never know what you're going to find.

Back to the paint:  I've heard that this paint can be applied directly to surfaces, without the need for preparation.  I have a hefty old long unit, dark wood that used to be really appealing but now sits placed between a dark desk and a huge dark wardrobe.  I thought I'd give it a nice touch of Tiffany green to brighten it up.

This would be done in afternoon, I told myself.

The lady in the shop advised I needed to mix the paint to reach the desired shade, so I have a big tin and a tester pot, in a bag on my kitchen counter.  Its now 5pm.  I will endeavour to paint the unit ... hopefully by the end of this week. When we arrived home at lunch time Baby George and I both agreed the afternoon was best placed sleeping today, due to my inability to get back to sleep at 4am this morning.

The adventure with Annie Sloan paint is something I've been wanting to try for almost four years now, can you believe it.  Another tick off the list of things I'm trying while on maternity leave.

George's daddy is off building go-karts this afternoon with George's grandfather.  I grew up with a version of Caractacus Potts as a father.  Visual Clue if you can't remember who he is:


What a name, Caractacus.  We even had a not-so-old-as-Chitty classic car in the shed that he was forever taking apart, putting new engines in and working on.  Only our musical sound track tended to be more Bad Company and Hits of Motown than musical numbers.

Yes, a man that can turn his hand to almost anything.  Two heart attacks later and he's still standing.  Unless my husband has run him over in a Go-Kart.

Oh the larks.

I've just looked at the empty wrapper on the table and realised I've eaten an entire bar of chocolate without even noticing, while one-handed typing this, while feeding George.  Whoops.

Comments

Popular Posts