bootcamp begins in the borders



Anyone following my blog posts will see that I have had to give up my much loved job looking after castles and abbeys to look after my son, and watched the journey as I've launched my books, found ways to save money, been on training courses, teaching myself how to use things like Canva, Amazon Self-Publishing, and being a mummy to wee George. As a family we've begun our new venture with nearly-wild camping and our guest room. Feedback has been fantastic, everyone who has stayed has loved the place and what we offer here.

We started with a field and an idea

I wanted things to grow organically, so that we aren't thrown in at the deep end (though there does seem to be risk of this now with talk of Rope Bridges over the river!). so that we didn't have to make a huge investment and ultimately not get into more debt. I'm adamant that's the wrong way to do things, as it adds so much stress to your life, it creates pressure for things to work and adds to the unnecessary greed culture, what with having to charge excessive prices that folks can't afford, which puts people off, makes them stick things on their never ending credit cards and drives your business to fail. Not to mention that a materialistic path teaches my son the wrong morals in life. Instead, we want what ever we do to build up from scratch to create something fantastic, something that helps other people and is happy and fun from start to finish. This is our life after all, its about enjoying the journey. We're putting the man hours in, the graft to build things, and I'd like more Disney singing with birds and wildlife helping than grounds for Divorce.

some of my disney birds, helping. think the grey might need birdy bootcamp too.


Freestyle Fitness Training

And you know, when you put things out there, the right people just appear in your life at the right time don't they? My husband saw an appeal on Facebook that a local Freestyle Fitness group have lost their training ground and contacted Mark to see if we could help. We have a field that lends itself perfectly to training. A river, ditches, hedges, dips, and a circuit already there. Potential for cycling circuits and forest track running too, we just have to create some routes with what is around us already.

Mark's Team Freestyle, follow on Facebook here


Using recycled and reclaimed materials donated by the great and generous businesses and folks in Hawick, Mark and my husband (and hopefully more!) are going to build an obstacle course on the farm for Team Freestyle to train on. 

Mark's Team Freestyle, follow on Facebook here

Not only that, but we can incorporate overnight camping thanks to our new Rue du Chateau camping venture, so we can cater for people to come and train with Mark and then switch off and unwind with a nights nearly-wild camping. Businesses and corporates looking for a bit of team building, groups, other sports teams. Open to all ages and all levels of fitness, we're looking forward to making a positive difference in people's lives. Mark is incredibly driven and his groups have great fun as well as training.

Mark's Team Freestyle, follow on Facebook here

Here in the Scottish Borders, we're serious about sport, we've seen champions of their field like Stuart Hogg in rugby and Steve Hislop in motorcycle racing hail from Hawick. But we also have a fierce spirit for fun as seen in the Common Riding which is underway at the moment. Now we find ourselves trail blazing the way for obstacle racers and fitness fans, offering the first authentic boot camp training facility for miles around.

So will the next champions of the tough mudders train here? Will you join us in your own quest to better your personal fitness levels and have great fun times in the process?

Mark's Team Freestyle, follow on Facebook here

Follow where your dream takes you

And might we one day host events here? Rule nothing out, follow my blog, follow Marks Team Freestyle page on Facebook and lets see where the dream takes us! Mark is dedicated and driven and has set a launch date of August 2018 for the course. Just enough time for me to tie my laces, change a nappy and strap George into the buggy to begin.

And am I going on the course? Why, yes, only to do the comedy fails, of course. I'm sure there's scope for a mum-with-buggy obstacle course group! I might even blog about my strive to better my own fitness levels so I don't run the risk of peeing my pants every time I sneeze anymore. Mums out there, lets do that all knowing "I hear you" nod altogether now. Too much information? I'll stop for now. But I'll just leave this here:


Contact Mark for more information on Team Freestyle and how to sign up! Visit the Team Freestyle Facebook page here. Let's Do This!

Comments

Popular Posts